sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
 
Home > Fire Stations

Our Fire Stations Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 124 pictures in our Our Fire Stations Gallery collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Featured Fire Stations Print

LCC-LFB Tooley Street fire station and its crews

Built in 1879, and located at 165 Tooley Street, this station remained operational until 1928 when the new Dockhead fire station was opened and the engines and crews transferred there. This building still stands in Tooley Street today. A Dennis pump and pump escape are pictured and a child can be seen at a first floor window (the firemen lived at the station along with their families).

© London Fire Brigade / Mary Evans Picture Library

Featured Fire Stations Print

LCC- MFB Blackheath fire station

Blackheath fire station, located at Brigade Street, Tranquil Vale, SE3 (very near the Mary Evans Picture Library), with the escape ladder stored at the side. On the roof of the station can be seen the telegraph aerial connecting the station to the headquarters at Southwark. Also on the roof and overhanging the side of the building are the pulleys to which the hoses are attached, raised on ropes, where they are allowed to dry. The building still stands today.

© London Fire Brigade / Mary Evans Picture Library

Featured Fire Stations Print

LCC-MFB Cherry Garden river fire station, SE London

Built by the London County Council, Cherry Garden river fire station was located at Cherry Garden Street in Bermondsey. It was one of four Metropolitan Fire Brigade river stations and, from 1904, the London Fire Brigade. Fireboat Delta was stationed here, followed later by its replacement Gamma III. Although no land fire engines were stationed at Cherry Garden, as can be seen the station maintained a wheeled escape and a hose cart, together with two hook ladders. It remained open until 1948 when, after the fire service was denationalised, London's river service came under review. Cherry Garden was deemed unnecessary and was closed.

© London Fire Brigade / Mary Evans Picture Library