LCC-LFB Herne Hill fire station, Brockwell Park SE27
Built by the London County Council, Herne Hill fire station was located at Milkwood Road, Herne Hill. The widespread adoption of motorised fire engines by the LFB led to a reduction in the number of fire stations required. A report produced in 1920 recommended the closure of 15, and this station was one of them. However the building still stands and remains a fine example of the LCC's building programme.
© London Fire Brigade / Mary Evans Picture Library