sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
 
Home > LFB

LFB Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 1270 pictures in our LFB collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Featured LFB Print

LCC-MFB, HQ station, Southwark SE1

The new headquarters of the Metropolitan Fire Brigade (MFB) opened in 1878 under its Chief Officer Captain Eyre Massey Shaw. With the creation of the London County Council in 1889 it became responsible for the capital's fire service and the MFB changed its name to the London Fire Brigade. Seen here is the HQ engine house with its horse drawn escape cart and two horse drawn steam driven pumps. They were first introduced into the London Fire Engine Establishment (the forerunner of the MFB) in 1860

© London Fire Brigade / Mary Evans Picture Library

Featured LFB Print

NFS 60ft hand-operated turntable ladder, WW2

An Austin K4-Merryweather 60 foot hand-operated turntable ladder (TL). A total of 50 such appliances were built and mounted on Austin K4 chassis for the Home Office between 1942 and 1943. The appliances were designed to be used by crews who were not necessarily qualified TL operators. The TL pictured is being demonstrated at Lambeth, the Headquarters of the London Fire Brigade (between 1941 and 1948 the NFS Regional Headquarters)

© London Fire Brigade / Mary Evans Picture Library

Featured LFB Print

LCC-MFB Cherry Garden river fire station, SE London

Built by the London County Council, Cherry Garden river fire station was located at Cherry Garden Street in Bermondsey. It was one of four Metropolitan Fire Brigade river stations and, from 1904, the London Fire Brigade. Fireboat Delta was stationed here, followed later by its replacement Gamma III. Although no land fire engines were stationed at Cherry Garden, as can be seen the station maintained a wheeled escape and a hose cart, together with two hook ladders. It remained open until 1948 when, after the fire service was denationalised, London's river service came under review. Cherry Garden was deemed unnecessary and was closed

© London Fire Brigade / Mary Evans Picture Library