sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
 
Home > London Fire Brigade

London Fire Brigade Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 1265 pictures in our London Fire Brigade collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Featured London Fire Brigade Print

LCC-MFB, HQ station, Southwark SE1

The new headquarters of the Metropolitan Fire Brigade (MFB) opened in 1878 under its Chief Officer Captain Eyre Massey Shaw. With the creation of the London County Council in 1889 it became responsible for the capital's fire service and the MFB changed its name to the London Fire Brigade. Seen here is the HQ engine house with its horse drawn escape cart and two horse drawn steam driven pumps. They were first introduced into the London Fire Engine Establishment (the forerunner of the MFB) in 1860

© London Fire Brigade / Mary Evans Picture Library

Featured London Fire Brigade Print

LCC-LFB Westminster fire station, SW London

Opened in 1906, Westminster fire station was a London Fire Brigade station (the name had changed from the Metropolitan Fire Brigade in 1904). Located at 4 Greycoat Place SW1, it remains operational today. However, it is under threat of closure due to the changing needs of London's fire cover and financial cutbacks imposed by central government

© London Fire Brigade / Mary Evans Picture Library

Featured London Fire Brigade Print

LCC-MFB Cherry Garden river fire station, SE London

Built by the London County Council, Cherry Garden river fire station was located at Cherry Garden Street in Bermondsey. It was one of four Metropolitan Fire Brigade river stations and, from 1904, the London Fire Brigade. Fireboat Delta was stationed here, followed later by its replacement Gamma III. Although no land fire engines were stationed at Cherry Garden, as can be seen the station maintained a wheeled escape and a hose cart, together with two hook ladders. It remained open until 1948 when, after the fire service was denationalised, London's river service came under review. Cherry Garden was deemed unnecessary and was closed

© London Fire Brigade / Mary Evans Picture Library