Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Home > London Fire Brigade

London Fire Brigade Gallery

Choose from 1,276 pictures in our London Fire Brigade collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


GLC-LFB - Foam Tender at East Ham Featured London Fire Brigade Print

GLC-LFB - Foam Tender at East Ham

The GLC-LFB was created on 1 April 1965. A series of photos was commissioned of each type of fire engine, either within or absorbed into the enlarged London Fire Brigade. A mechanical bulk foam tender from East Ham fire station (L21) is seen here at a fire station. The Bedford lorry with a foam tank on the back had its own fire pump and foam generator. Originally this fire engine was stationed in the West Ham fire brigade, whose stations were absorbed into the London Fire Brigade in 1965

© London Fire Brigade / Mary Evans Picture Library

NFS 60ft hand-operated turntable ladder, WW2 Featured London Fire Brigade Print

NFS 60ft hand-operated turntable ladder, WW2

An Austin K4-Merryweather 60 foot hand-operated turntable ladder (TL). A total of 50 such appliances were built and mounted on Austin K4 chassis for the Home Office between 1942 and 1943. The appliances were designed to be used by crews who were not necessarily qualified TL operators. The TL pictured is being demonstrated at Lambeth, the Headquarters of the London Fire Brigade (between 1941 and 1948 the NFS Regional Headquarters)

© London Fire Brigade / Mary Evans Picture Library

LCC-MFB Headquarters station at Southwark SE1 Featured London Fire Brigade Print

LCC-MFB Headquarters station at Southwark SE1

The Metropolitan Fire Brigade was created in 1866, having replaced the former London Fire Engine Establishment brigade. It moved from its former Watling Street HQ to the Southwark site due to the vast expansion of the Brigade. Its first Chief Officer, Captain Eyre Massey Shaw, had this complex built as the new headquarters and No 1 fire station. It remained the Brigade Headquarters until 1937 when a new headquarters was opened in Lambeth. The gothic style frontage was demolished in the late 1960s by the Greater London Council but the fire station (now a museum) remains standing today

© London Fire Brigade / Mary Evans Picture Library